Friday, May 1, 2009

Playing with the Tablet

I am posting this on behalf of Travis one of our loyal idea farm readers who has never posted before...



To try and employ his interest in art and all things geeky and tech-y he has used a tablet. Here is his first try for a finished piece here:








Here is his second attempt (my personal favorite of the two it shows more of an abstract look):


The tablet he used can be seen here:

http://www.amazon.com/Bamboo-Medium-Tablet-Graphics-Software/dp/B000V9RL6G/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1239588138&sr=8-2

As you can see it is quite affordable and is a fun and unique way to try your hand at some artsy skills without spending a whole lot (and without getting messy art supplies all over your house).

Thank you Travis for submitting this post! To our other Idea Farm readers who haven't posted yet you can always send me something you would like me to post on your behalf if you don't feel "blog-savvy". We would love for everyone to share something :)


2 comments:

lovely you said...

YO, Travis! Keep up the good work, man, I like it. What beautiful scenes-- I want to go to there.

Janet Jergins said...

Way to go Travis! PK is doing great, by the way. I like the first picture better, but both look very artistic. I'm glad to see what can be done with a tablet.