Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The wind is like a thought

It whispers away

The soft water hushing
Rushing of wind
Leaves together brushing
Cars rushing
Shushing

Water running solitary
Sounds like the wind against a thing
We never know the wind alone
And so a thought fleeting
An idea beating
Its way to a heart, a brain, a mouth, a pen
Has no truth alone
Just like the unfettered wind
Can't be known

The speaking of the thought
Or writing, singing, painting, voicing
Shares truth
Alone the new thought has only
Youth

The jingle of chimes ringing
Tingling
Bringing to life a song
The wind song
The thought becomes a verse
And the wind and the idea
Become singing

A song of imagination
Thought and voice
Are creation

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christiana, I love the rythym of this poem. It makes me feel like I could be swept away; by the wind, or by my thoughts, or maybe just by accident.

Thank you so much for sharing! Please keep posting :)

amanda

PS I love the picture, it goes with the poem so well!

lovely you said...

Christiana, I love everything about this post; it is rich with beauty and sensitivity! It reminds me of this Mary Oliver quote: "It is the intimate, never the general, that is teacherly. The idea of love is not love." Thank you for sharing your insight and talent. And it was a pleasure meeting you the other day!