Thursday, January 15, 2009

All I Want is Food and Creative Love

I'm not ashamed to admit it: I love to eat! I've always been pretty passionate about food. But what I am ashamed of is how lazy I've become in the kitchen. I'm no food snob, but when frozen veggie burgers have become a staple in your diet, you know there's room for improvement. And sometimes I truly think that we might order pizza more than anyone else in the world. My boyfriend, Jason is actually a pretty fantastic cook, but he's in law school, so he has an excuse. I, on the other hand, have plenty of free time and therefore no excuse. And there are several year-round farmers markets in the DC area with really great quality, locally produced food. That being said, I would like to endeavor to become more creative in the kitchen. While we are vegetarians, neither of us is a picky eater, so besides meat, the sky is the limit! I picked up this 1970 African cookbook at a local used bookstore the other day: I actually picked it more for the artwork on the front than for the recipes inside, but you never know, there might be some real gems in there. Anyway, I'd love a little help from the creative community on this one! So, if you have any suggestions or favorite recipes you'd like to share, please post them or email me at: lovelyyou@peacemail.com. Thanks!

P.S. I couldn't pass up this opportunity to post a trailer for an upcoming documentary that I'm really excited about. It's called Edible City, and it should be out in the fall.
Edible City Trailer 1 from East Bay Pictures on Vimeo.

0 comments: